Exercise 1: Hãy hoàn thành đoạn văn sau với những lựa chọn phù hợp.
My typical morning starts quite early, because I don’t like 1getting/making ready in a hurry. My alarm clock 2sounds/goes off at 6.30, then I get 3out of bed/from my bed and 4walk/go downstairs in my dressing gown.
I 5do/make a cup of tea and 6have/eat some breakfast. Then I 7have/usea shower and 8clean/brush my teeth. Then I get 9clothed/dressed, 10 over/comb my hair and 11wear/put on my make-up. Then I 12do/make the bed and 13do/make the washing up. If I’ve got time, I sometimes 14control/check my email and 15lookat/watch the front page of the newspaper. I never 16see/watch TV in the morning. I usually 17leave/depart the house by 8.15.
Exercise 2: Hãy chọn một trong hai từ để có được diễn đạt tự nhiên nhất.
6. The scandal ruined his ______ and he never worked in the stock market again.
7. I’m going to apply for a ______ in a supermarket.
8. She had a long and brilliant ______ in show business. At 20, she got her first steady ______ in a small regional theatre, but it was in 1968 that ______ really took off when she was offered a part in a TV series.
1. Please ______ your user name and password.
2. You don’t have to ______ it all in again – just cut and paste it form the first document.
3. If you forget to ______ your work and the system ______, you may lose everything.
4. If you want to open the program, just ______ the icon.
5. If you ______ trouble downloading files, it may be because the file sizes are too large.
6. You can ______ Excel files in Word.
7. Your computer will ______ faster if you ______ the programs you’re not using.
1. He has friends in ______ places
2. They’ve developed a very ______ relationship after all these years of working together.
3. She gave us a very ______ and friendly welcome.
4. Charlie has a ______ circle of friends.
5. Over the years the two women has developed ______bonds of friendship.
6. They used to get on well together but now things have turned ______ between them.
7. We go back a ______ way – we’ve known each other for years.
KEY Exercise 1:
out of bed
large – an only (large family = gia đình có nhiều thành viên – only child = con một)
immediate (immediate family = gia đình ruột thịt)
gets (get it from = thừa hưởng thứ gì đó từ ai)
spoilt (spoile child = đứa trẻ hư do quá được nuông chiều)