IX. Read the passage, and then decide whether the statements that follow are True (T) or False (F). In my opinion, using the computer as your hobby can be harmful to both your health and your social life. Firstly, sitting all day in front of the computer can cause health problems such as eye-tiredness and obesity. Secondly you may get irritated easily. Besides, if you use the computer too much, you will not have time for your family and friends. In short, computers should only be used for a limited time.
1. Using the computer too much can make your eyes tired. 1.
2. Using the computer too much is not good for you. 2.
3. We still can spend a lot of time with our family and friends. 3.
4. According to the writer, we can use the computer for a long time. 4.
5. Computers should only be used for a limited time. 5.
X. Read the passage carefully. MY VILLAGE I live in a village by Mekong River. Every day, like most of my friends, I walk to school. It is three kilometers away. After class, I often help my mother to collect water from the river and feed the chickens. At the weekend, the villagers often gather at the community hall where there is a TV. The adults watch TV, but more often they talk about their farm work and exchange news. The children run around playing games and shouting merrily. Laughter is heard everywhere.
My father sometimes takes me to the market town nearby where he sells our home products like vegetables, fruits, eggs... He then buys me an ice cream and lets me take a ride on the electric train in the town square. I love those trips.
On starry nights, we children lie on the grass, looking at the sky and daring each other to find the Milky Way. We dream of faraway places.
Answer the following questions. 1. Does the boy like riding on the electric train in the town square?
2. What do the children do on starry nights?
3. Do you like to live in the countryside or in the city? Why?