TEST 1 UNIT 1 I. Find the word which has different sound in the part underlined. 1. A. laughed B. washed C. danced D. played 2. A. beds B. dogs C. porters D. books 3. A. pictures B. watches C. buses D. brushes 4. A. homework B. mother C. open D. judo 5. A. leisure B. eight C. celebrate D. penalty
6. A. fun B. sun C. surf D. cut
7. A. bracelet B. cake C. make D. hat
8. A. although B. laugh C. paragraph D. enough 9. A. comedy B. letter C. princess D. cinema
10. A. high B. sight C. this D. find
11. A. stopped B. agreed C. listened D. cleaned 12. A. meat B. seat C. great D. mean
13. A. call B. land C. fall D. ball
14. A. rather B. them C. neither D. think
II. Choose the words that have the different stress from the others. 1. A. satisfied B. socialize C. volunteer D. exercise
2. A. information B. technology C. community D. activity
3. A. library B. museum C. melody D. favourite
4. A. protection B. addicted C. computer D. goldfish
5. A. skateboard B. sticker C. adore D. leisure
III. Choose the best answer. 1. My dad doesn’t mind my mom from work every day.
A. pick up B. picked up C. picking up D. picks up
2. Using computers too much may have harmful effects your minds and bodies.
A. on B. to C. with D. onto
3. I love the people in my village. They are so and hospitable.
A. friendly B. vast C. slow D. inconvenient
4. Among the , the Tay people have the largest population.
A. groups B. majorities C. ethnic minorities D. ethnic cultures.
5. People in the countryside live than those in the city.
A. happy B. more happily C. happily D. less happy
6. Viet Nam is multicultural country with 54 ethnic groups.
A. a B. an C. the D. A and C
7. We to the countryside two months ago.
A. go B. have gone C. went D. will go
8. What will you do if you the final examinations?
A. will pass B. would pass C. pass D. passed
9. It rained hard. , my father went to work.
A. Therefore B. However C. Because D. So
10. Your sister writes poems and stories, she?
A. does B. doesn’t C. will D. won’t
11. Laura fell asleep during the lesson she was tired.
A. so B. but C. because D. therefore
12. How much do you want?
A. bananas B. eggs C. candies D. sugar
13. Tomorrow the director will have a meeting 8:00 am to 10:00 am.
A. between B. from C. among D. in
14. We will start our trip 6 o’clock the morning.
A. in / in B. at / in C. in / at D. at / at
15. We anything from James since we left school.
A. haven’t heard B. heard C. don’t hear D. didn’t hear
16. You have lived in this city since 1998, ?
A. haven’t you B. didn’t you C. did you D. have you
17. My students enjoy English very much.
A. learn B. learnt C. learning D. to learn