1. Read the conversation in GETTING STARTED again. Underline ...(Đọc lại đoạn hội thoại ở phần Getting Started. Gạch chân những câu tường thuật, viết lại câu trực tiếp mà Mai nói với Phúc và bố mẹ cô ấy.)
- She said she was too tired and didn’t want to go out.
⇒ Mai: "I'm too tired and don't want to go out."
- She told me she wanted to be a designer.
⇒ Mai: "I want to be a designer."
- My parents said design graduates wouldn’t find jobs easily and they wanted her to get a medical degree.
⇒ Mai's parents: "Design graduates won't find jobs easily. We want you to get a medical degree."
2. Rewrite the following sentences in reported speech.(Viết lại những câu sau theo cách gián tiếp.)
Hướng dẫn giải
1. My parents told me they would visit me that week.
2. Our teacher asked us what we were most worried about.
3. Phuong told me she was so delighted because she had just received a surprise birthday present from her sister.
4. Tom said Kate could keep calm even when she had lots of pressure.
5. She told her mother she had got a very high score in her last test.
6. The doctor asked him if he slept at least eight hours a day.
3. Rewrite the sentences using question words + to-infinitives.(Viết lại các câu sử dụng từ để hỏi và "to V")
1. They wondered/couldn't tell how to use that support service.
2. He had no idea who to turn to for help.
3. Mai asked her mother when to turn off the oven.
4. Phong and Minh couldn't decide where to park their bikes.
5. He was not sure whether to call her then.
6. They wondered what to do to make Linh feel happier.
5. Game: SOMETHING ABOUT OUR TEACHER...(TRÒ CHƠI: Vài điều về Thầy/Cô giáo của chúng ta...)
Decide as a whole class five questions want to ask about the teacher. ....(Cả lớp tìm 5 câu hỏi để hỏi giáo viên. Sau đó chia làm 2 nhóm: 1 nhóm ở trong và 1 nhóm bên ngoài. Giáo vien sẽ yêu cầu mỗi nhóm trả lời câu hỏi. Cả lớp tập hợp lại và theo cặp sẽ tường thuật lại những câu hỏi cô giáo đã hỏi.)
- Do you like going shopping? If so, what’s you often buy?
- Do you like travelling? What’s the best place you have been to?
- Do you like animal? What’s is your favorite animal?
- How often do you eat out? What’s your favorite restaurant?
- Do you like going to the cinema? What’s your favorite film?