- Khi giới từ là thành phần của cụm động từ thì không thể đem giới từ ra trước “whom, which, whose”
Ex: This is the book. I’m looking for it.
=> This is the book
- Giới từ “ WITHOUT”không được đặt sau động từ mà phải đặt trước đại từ quan hệ.
Một số từ chỉ số lượng kèm theo giới từ được dùng trong MĐQH không giới hạn: most,all, some, a few, many, much, more, neither, any, either, both, half, each, one, two…+ of whom/which
Ex: They have four children. All of them are married.
=> They have four children, all of whom are married.
Ex1: The man who is sitting next to you is my uncle.
Ex2: Do you know the boy who broke the windows last night?
Ex1: The books which were written by To Hoai are interesting.
Ex2: The house which is being built now belongs to Mr. Pike.
Ex1: Nam is the only student who gave the correct answer.
Ex2: Alice was the second applicant who was interviewed.
Ex3: William Pitt was the youngest person who became Prime Minister.
* Chúng ta cũng có thể dùng “ to –V1” để thay thế khi MĐQH có ý nghĩa chỉ mục đích hoặc sự cho phép.
Ex: I have a lot of work that I must do.
=> The woman
=> The woman
Ex2: The book was very interesting. I bought it yesterday.
=> The book
=> The book
* Cách lược bỏ đại từ quan hệ “ who/ whom/ which/that”:
- Khi đại từ quan hệ “________________” làm _______________ trong MĐQH______________ (_________________)
- Khi ________ đại từ quan hệ______________________.
2. Cách phát âm các động từ tận cùng là “s”:
Cleft sentences là cách dùng “ it + be + mệnh đề quan hệ để nhấn mạnh”.
- Nếu các chủ ngữ khác ta dùng “ that”
Ex1: Tracy gave me this book.
Ex2: The TV program gives me a headache.
Ex3: Sarah’s husband died on Friday.
Ex1: The boy hit the dog in the garden.=>
Ex2: I’m studying English grammar. =>
3. Adverbial focus:
Ex1: Sarah’s husband died on Friday. =>
Ex2: The boy hit the dog in the garden.=>
I.Rewrite the following sentences using cleft sentences:
Ex1: Both Mark and Carol (be)_______________ good at dancing.
Ex2: Not only the children but also the teacher (be)___________ interested in the subject.
Ex3: Either you or your brother (be)_________ responsible for this mistake.
Ex4: Neither the soldiers or the officer was alive.
- Both + _______ + and + __________ + V(__________)
- Either _______ or + __________ + V(__________)
- Neither _______ + nor + __________ + V(__________)
- Not only _______ + but also + __________ + V(__________)
Ex1: The boy hit the dog in the garden.
=> It was ___________________________________________________.
Ex2: The girl gave the boy a special gift on his birthday.
III. Give the correct form of the word in brackets: